Friday, December 2, 2011

Cycle 2 Reflections and Cycle 3 Goals and Plans

Again I didn't complete my goals.  Although I did do the watching anime part of the plan, (フリクリが大すきです) I didn't do nearly as much shadowing as I had planned.  It always seemed that it was a choice between shadowing and sleep.  This, however, is more likely due to my own poor scheduling rather than genuinely being too busy.  Therefore, although I did get much better at distinguishing sounds, my speaking got better, but is still unsteady, and my prosody is nearly non-existent.

But on to the future!  I found something other than anime to watch to improve listening. 大和スタークラフトさんスタークラフトのゲームについてはします。きるのすき、スタークラフトが大すきです。
While I'm feeling more confident about listening and understanding Japanese, I still have a lot to improve.  Now, along with the ever present problem of speed, I want to focus on differentiating voiced/devoiced consonants, especially か and が.  On the speaking side of things, I want to start learning my prosody.
Therefore my new plan is to watch about 15 minutes of YamatoStarcraft's commentary every day, except on Mondays and Wednesday, which, without fail, I will, between the times of 2 and 2:20, do shadowing exercises. NO EXCEPTIONS!  I will also make sure to meet with しばた先生 in order to get advice and practice prosody more.

No comments:

Post a Comment