Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cycle 3 Reflections

Well, another cycle came and is gone. This time I feel that although I didn't follow my schedule in shadowing as well as I should have, something else took its place. The Pritele project ensured that I spoke Japanese regularly and repeatedly. Meanwhile, I did follow my schedule for anime-watching. While I didn't repeat after the character's speaking, I did listen carefully and try to work out exactly which mora they were using, sometimes rewinding to make sure I got it right. I feel much more confident listening to Japanese, even if I still get tripped up by fast dialogue, small つ, or unfamiliar vocab.

Over all the cycles I do not think my PE were as helpful as they could have been, simply because I didn't do the exercises as much as I could have. Whenever I did actually do them, it felt like they helped a lot, and due to that my Japanese speaking and listening is massively better than it was even right before the break, but I don't do it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment